Unga/flour 4 cups
Sukari/Sugar 1 cup
Hamira/dry yeast 1 tsp
Samli au mafuta/ Gee or normal oil 1 tblsp
Maziwa au tui la nazi/Milk or coconut milk 1 1/2 cups
Hiliki/ Cardemum 1/2 tsp
Mafuta ya kukaangia/cooking oil
How its done:
- Changanya unga Hamira, Samli, maziwa au tui, kisha vuruga na kanda ukandike kiasi.
- Kata madonge manane kisha acha uumuke.
- Ukishaumuka sukuma kila donge ukate vipande vinne.
- Panga kwenye meza tena yaumuke. Weka mafuta ya kukaangia katika karaii na yakaange kwa moto wa kiasi.´
- Yatoe weka kwenye sahani tayari kwa kuliwa.
- Mix everything together and kneed it well
- cut the dough into smaller round doughs maybe 8-10 and let it rest for the yeast to raise
- When the dough has risen, roll the small doughs into a thick tortilla shape and cut it in 4
- Put it in a tray( do not pile them up) and let them be for half an hour
- Put the oil in a big pan to deep fry your maandazi with middle heat
- Deep fry your mandazi and take them out when they change their color to brown ish
- Ready to eat with cofee or bean stue or what ever you want